I'm not sure where the month of November went... or most of December, for that matter. The end of my semester was just a blur of activity, what with a trip to Tulsa for Thanksgiving, three final projects to turn in and twenty or so final papers to grade. I haven't slept for a month.
However, I am LOVING being with Finn during the day. We have so much fun reading his books
(over and over and over), chasing the dogs, dancing to Christmas music, and stacking blocks. He babbles all the time, and he seems pretty sure about what he is saying (even if we can't quite make it out). So far, he says "whoa!" and "this" and "mama" and "dada." He gives kisses and high fives. He understands a lot of words, including "breakfast," "juice," "be gentle" and "let's go!" He has also learned that when we sing the happy birthday song over his wooden birthday cake puzzle, he can blow on the candle at the end of the song. That one cracks me up.
Snowstorm. Ha.
Not much snow, as you can see, but it was exciting for Finn.
Finn provides us with hours of entertainment. He has the biggest belly laugh ever, and J will do just about anything to make him laugh. Each day when J's car pulls in the driveway, Finn runs to the back door and starts banging on the glass and yelling. He gets so excited and smiles SO big through the glass... and then hides behind me when J walks in the door. That only lasts for a few minutes, thankfully. We are able to have some nice family time every evening.
This year, I'm so thankful for our jobs, which allow us to spend time together. I'm thankful for our health, and for our home, and for two cars that run. But most of all I'm thankful for our little family.
No comments:
Post a Comment