I make Finn's baby food myself. This makes me feel like a good mom. It's really cheap and really easy. It also, quite frankly, makes me feel a little smug, and I'm ok with that.
Tonight Finn had avocados, which he is sometimes ok with, but are not yet one of his faves. He didn't really want them tonight, so I mixed in some banana. He was really digging it, so I thought I'd give it a try. You know, it really wasn't bad. The banana and avocado both have a sort of earthy rich flavor that works pretty well together. I think banana-avocado ice cream would be pretty tasty. Maybe with cashews.
Before you whip out the ice cream maker, I should let you know that I will eat pretty much anything. This served me well when we lived overseas. Thursday night was seafood buffet night in the hotel where we lived, and although that sounds good, it usually meant that we would be served several unidentifiable forms of strange sea creatures. There was usually a big bowl of large octopus tentacles boiled in their own ink, which I thought was pretty tasty, but Jonathan soon decided that Thursday night was Burger King night. All that to say, I hope Finn is not a picky eater. I think it is half from genetics, and half from my mom forcing us to eat squash and zucchini and salmon cakes.
I have to be honest, though... I still don't like salmon cakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment