Finn slept through the night last night! At 7 weeks old! I will spare you a video of me dancing around the house in glee. You will just have to imagine that. He just slept right past the 3am feeding! What a blessing! He may not do it consistently for a little while (or that's what the book says, anyway), but I am so excited that he is sleeping so well. He is taking a nap right now (and it sounds like he is actually sleeping, so everybody shhhhhhh!).
"The book" is On Becoming Babywise. It's one of those 'love it or hate it' parenting philosophies. Basically you feed your baby and put them down for naps on a schedule. Interestingly, this is what the nursery did with Finn while he was in the hospital, so I felt like that was a good sign. Some people love doing the schedule thing, some hate it. As for me... I have a schedule. Jonathan has a schedule. Even our dogs, Fred and Ginger, have a schedule. To have a baby with no schedule would make us craaaaazy. And besides... he slept through the night last night! That's good enough for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment