Picwing Slideshow

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...



please put a penny in the old man's hat!
if you haven't got a penny, a half-penny will do
if you haven't got a half-penny then God bless you!

(I love obscure Christmas carols, don't you?)

Finn has started eating cereal (graphic photo warning!).



I know. Food all over. He certainly likes to eat, which could explain why he is such a large baby. I realize he doesn't look so big in the pictures, but that's because he is proportional. Trust me, the kid is big. I don't know why I don't have hugely muscled arms yet.

We are SO EXCITED about Christmas and have been running around popping in on people, delivering christmas cheer (and often cookies). I realize that just showing up unannounced is fraught with peril from an etiquette standpoint, but our friends are used to it by now. Although I have gotten some complaints about the sore lack of cashew brittle in the cookie deliveries this year. (Did you ever see the Friends episode where Monica makes Christmas candy? and then everyone is banging on the door demanding more candy? Yelling, "Hey, Candy Lady!"? That's me. Candy Lady.)
So all I have to say is, I have a bucket of cashews and a bag of sugar on the kitchen counter, so maybe if you come to the New Year's Eve party you will get lucky and get some cashew brittle. We'll see.

My new favorite thing: Finn waking up and talking to himself in the morning and then busting into the biggest smile when I walk in the room. SO CUTE!!!!! We're smitten, kittens.

No comments: