Picwing Slideshow

Sunday, June 28, 2009

On the move... now with video!

On Father's Day weekend, we went to Tulsa. The idea was to leave Finn with my parents for two nights, then meet back up and spend Father's Day together with Mom & Dad. It was our first time to spend the night away from Finn (he's 10 months old now!).

We got up really early Friday morning - early enough to stop and have breakfast with my brother in Oklahoma City. See, my plan was that if we got up early enough, Finn would sleep all the way to the City (that's what Okies call it— "the City") and then he could play with his cousins until it was time for his morning nap. It sounded like a great plan!

It didn't work at all. That was really fulfilling after waking up at 4:30am. But, Finn's still a pretty good traveler, and we did get to see my brother & his boys (Lisa was already at work). So we'll count it as a win.

When we got to my parents' house, we had not been there 15 minutes before Finn decided to really start crawling in earnest.

He then proceeded to pull up to standing. To top it off, his first little tooth broke through. I guess we should take a road trip more often! I hated to leave him just when he was showing off all his new tricks, but... it was our first weekend away, y'know? And we knew Finn and his Pawpaw and Susu would have a great time.

We had a great time too - another post on that later. Finn was totally fine without us— until we got back. Then he attached himself to my side and wouldn't let go. I think he didn't really realize how long we had been gone until we came back. All day Sunday he wouldn't let me out of his sight. I actually ended up sleeping in the guest room bed with him (a first) due to his total freakout every time I got out of his sightline. I don't know how people sleep in bed with their kids... let me just say, it's not for me.

But once we got back home, all was back to normal. He is, genuinely, the best little baby ever. And by little, I mean freakishly large. But he's the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

10 months? Good Grief!!!! My mother keeps reminding me that Danielle walked @ 8 months old. I asked her how old was I when I took my first steps. She doesn't remember....:)I still love her.