Picwing Slideshow

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Praise God for the AC

Our air conditioning has been out since Friday night. Not so fun with a little one. I spent an entire summer living in a cabin in Arkansas without air conditioning, so I know that it is possible, but with a sweaty little baby lying on your chest it is pretty miserable. I just sat around sweating, but not in a sexy Ashley-Judd-in-A-Time-To-Kill way. More like a Johnny-Cash's-sharecroppin'-momma-in-Walk-The-Line kind of way. We spent some time out and about at bookstores and over at friends' houses (thank you, Lisa and Lisa!) That was actually a little blessing in disguise, because it forced us to get out of the house and gave me more confidence with taking Finn out and about.
But this morning the guy came and fixed the AC, hallelujah! Is there a sweeter sound than the compressor motor kicking on? Today, I think not.
Also thankful for our home warranty, which has paid for itself over and over. They are a bit of a pain to deal with but have saved us a TON of money. New compressor motor including parts and labor? Only $55. Yessir, I am thankful today.

No comments: